Recommendations for travel to South Africa
Things, which I can recommend in South Africa are:
- If you are looking for a good accomodation in Cape Town, I can recommend 17 on Loader. It is a small guest house near Waterfront and in an area with several restaurants. The guest house has a great sun deck with a view over Cape Town and to the Table Mountain.
- If you are looking for a good accomodation in Centurion or Pretoria, I can recommend A Lala Lodge. It is located in Centurion. The rooms are nice and all rooms have Internet access. Further the management is very friendly and helpful. Since in the neighborhood is nothing, you should have an own car.
- If you are located in Pretoria, Centurion or Johannesburg, I can recommend Trax Travel, if you like to perform a tour. Philip from Trax Travel drove us to Pilanesberg and Kruger National Park. He was very interested and is very familiar with both areas. Unfortunately, they have no website. But if you are interested, drop me a line and I will send you his contact details.
- If you are looking for a shuttle or taxi in Cape Town, I can recommend Intercab.
Things, which I can not recommend in South Africa:
- If you arrive at the OR Tambo Airport in Johannesburg, the usage of the Approved taxis. The cars are good, but not the fare is too expensive.